MP Services - Immigration help
The office can help you with federal immigration questions such as:
- how to find out the status of an immigration file;
- how to submit a document to the IRCC;
- how to obtain clarification about a communication from the IRCC; and
- general questions.
In order for the office to assist you, please see the sections below:
- Who is your MP?
- Welcome Sheet
- IRCC Consent Form
- Helping an Adult
- Helping your Child
- Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada
- How to Submit the Form.
1. Who is your MP?
Confirm that you live in the riding of Mount Royal by typing your postal code in the box at the top right corner of the webpage located at this link:
If Anthony Housefather is your MP, proceed to point 2.
2. Welcome Sheet
Fill out the Welcome Sheet, which helps the office to track your file. Please include your information and details about your file in this document. This form is required for all inquiries.
3. IRCC Consent Form
Fill in boxes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 7 and sign the IRCC Consent Form. You need to be 18 years or older to sign the consent form; otherwise, you need an adult to consent on your behalf.
4. Helping an Adult
- To find out about someone else’s immigration file, that person (the "Applicant," who must be an adult) must fill out and sign the IRCC Consent Form (boxes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 7).
- If you are assisting the Applicant, then both of you must fill in and sign the Consent to Disclose Personal Information Form. In this form, the applicant gives consent and you are the authorized representative. This form gives the office permission to discuss the applicant's file with you.
5. Helping your Child
- If you are enquiring on behalf of your minor child, then you and the co-parent must fill in and sign the IRCC Consent Form. In this form, you must indicate the minor's information in boxes 1, 2, 3 and 4. In box 7 you and the co-parent must both sign off and indicate that you are the parents, e.g., I am the mother, I am the father.
- If you have several minor children, each child must have their own IRCC Consent Form.
- If the co-parent prefers to sign their own IRCC Consent Form, that is okay. The office requires consent from both parents, and it can be done via separate forms.
- If you have mandated a lawyer to represent your child, you and the lawyer must sign the Consent to Disclose Personal Information Form. In this form, each parent gives consent and the lawyer is the authorized representative. This form gives the office permission to discuss the applicant's file with the lawyer. As with the IRCC Consent Form, a co-parent may opt to submit their own Consent to Disclose Personal Information Form.
6. Immigration Refugee Board of Canada
If your immigration file is before the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB), and you wish to obtain a status update, please fill in the MP Authorization Form .
7. How to Submit Forms
Once completed, all relevant forms may be sent:
- via email to [email protected];
- via fax at 514-283-2407; or
- via mail to 4770 Kent Avenue, Suite 316, Montreal, Quebec, H3W 1H2.
If you are unable to download the documents, please call the office and we can mail you the forms and a pre-addressed, stamped envelope.
Please call our office at 514-283-0171 if you have any questions.